Momma Always Said

Friday, August 28, 2009

School

Its school time again! I started school on Monday. I'm taking 5 classes this semester. I'm enrolled in CPT Coding, Word processing, Office management, Business Management, and Human relations in organization. Sounds like a lot of classes, but the way each class is set up I have plenty of time to get work done.

Kylee starts school on Monday. We originally had her going to the CDC's part day enrichment. But she had orientation today and I wasn't impressed. They said their main goal is to have the kids around other kids to teach them to share so they are preppared for kindergarten. There was absolutely no structure. It was basically part-day child care. Kylee definitely doesn't need that. She was in a structured class last year so I felt we were going backwards. This class wouldn't have prepared her for kindergarten in my opinion. So, I called Lynch back and have her enrolled again! :) I talked to them and I feel like all the drama from last year is gone. They have a better curriculum this year as well. She is still in Elizabeth's class and has a few classmates from last year in there. One of our neighbors also planned to take their child to the CDC, but also changed her mind after today and set him up for Lynch as well. So we plan to carpool which will make things so much easier for all of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Lacey! I think you made a wise decision.

nina said...

I am not anonymous. I am Nina!