Momma Always Said

Friday, September 18, 2009

What is with our Weather??

I really shouldn't complain, but our weather has been beautiful and warm here lately. Its like Summer came really late for us. Tomorrow the high will be 88 degrees which is near record high temps. The rest of the week is looking to be in the 70's. Usually this time of year we have already had our first frost. I don't know how long this can last. I have heard that we are going to have a worse Winter than last year's but right now it looks like its never going to come. I usually don't mind the nice weather, but the sooner it snows, the soon James will be home!

I took a look at the posts in 2008 to see what the temperature was like around this time. Unfortunately the first post I wrote about the weather was on 12 October. It said that the day before was our first snow fall. I really don't see snow in our forecast anytime in the next few weeks, but ya never know! I'm thinking a very late snow fall for us. I should do a 'snow pool'. Whoever guesses closest to the first snow fall gets the luxury of shoveling my drive way ;) I am thinking 26 October. Whats everyone's guess? Don't worry, if you live far away I won't make you shovel ;)

1 comments:

Mawmaw said...

I put my guess on October 16th for your first snow....don't know why, just sounds like a good day for snow!