Momma Always Said

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back from Minneapolis

I had a good trip to Minneapolis. I got to sit next to Laura and Cayden on the plane. He slept most of the time and Laura and I watched Grey's Anatomy on my ipod. The flight was bumpy but short.
I took a taxi to the hospital and eventually I found the right ward Tyler was in which was the ICU. Kendall was out with Briana when I got there, but her mom was in there with him. I met her and she is so sweet. Its really hard to see a little baby connected to all those lines and tubes everywhere. Right before I got there though they took out his breathing tube and took him off the sedation. I think he opened up his eyes once while I was there yesterday. He slept the whole time and cried a few times.

Around 5ish Kendall and I went back to the Ronald McDonald House for dinner. There were a lot of people there, all from different places and different stories. So many people were there volunteering their time to prepare, serve the food, and clean up afterwards. I took Briana while Kendall and her mom went back to the hospital. Briana and I played some games, went outside, roamed the house, and eventually made it back to the room. She was so tired, but wouldn't sleep. lol.

This morning Kendall and I went back to the hospital to see Tyler. He was doing better and his urine output had improved from the day before. He looked so much better even! He opened his eyes and even turned his head to look at me. It was so sweet. He was still in a lot of pain, but was able to stay awake longer. We turned on the TV and he laid and watched some cartoons for a bit. I didn't want to go, but I had to get back to the kids.

I left for the airport around 945 and made it home around 1pm. The kids were very excited to see me. Stacy had watched them for me and they did very well for her. It was their first sleepover.

Kendall called a little bit ago and said that Tyler was still doing good. They upped his pain meds and seemed to be feeling better. They did a chest x-ray and saw that one of his lungs were collapsed or not expanding all the way. They will work with him to try to get that lung better, but if it doesn't they will have to put the breathing tube in again.

He should be in the hospital for 2 weeks, then back at the Ronald McDonald house for another 2 weeks before they can come home. Hopefully they will be home when I get back from Texas.

0 comments: