Momma Always Said

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Its been busy around here

I'm sorry for not updating in a while. It has been really busy around here. My school has a few weeks left till Christmas break. This time of year for the PTA is really busy. We planned the book fair, Fall party, and Thanksgiving dinner! Some of the girls wanted us to do the Christmas program, but I am staying far away from that.

Kylee had her first dance performance a few weeks ago during the Minot State University Basketball game Half time show. She did really well and knew exactly what she was doing. She loves dance class. I was asking her the other day if she wanted to play soccer next year. She said soccer was for boys and she wants to do ballet and cheerleading! It about broke my heart. lol. I never thought I would be a cheerleading mom, but I guess I'm gonna be.

Kylee is doing really well in school. She seems to be pretty bored though while there. She can write her first, middle, and last names without a problem at all. Some kids there still have troubles with learning how to write. Elizabeth, her teacher, has started doing some simple addition in the class which Kylee really loves. I'm glad she has such an awesome teacher, one who will try to challenge Kylee during school.

Kylee has been asking for a lot for Christmas this year. Every commercial she sees on TV she thinks she must have that toy. But I am trying to get her to understand that we need to give to others as well. I am pretty sure the few bums on the street corners really do have homes, but they rotate corners trying to get some money. This is the rumor I have heard. I will still give them a dollar just to teach Kylee about giving. We have also done some grocery shopping for some of the families on base who cannot afford a Thanksgiving Dinner this year. At AWANAS they did a toy drive for an orphanage in a different country. Kylee enjoyed picking out the toys for the little girls. At school we are having a book drive. The kids can either buy new books or bring in some of their old books that are in good condition. Then we will ship it out to a deployed location. That way the airman have more books to choose from when wanting to read a story, record it, and then send it home. (James does this and the kids love it)

Wyatt is such a boy! He is really into action figures like Transformers and Super Heroes. He goes around the house acting like Optimus Prime or Spider Man. He also enjoys jumping off of things. I asked him the other day what his name was. He told me Wyatt. Then I usually ask him 'Wyatt What?' He will tell me Wyatt Groves, but this time he said 'Wyatt Bumble Bee Transformer'. There is a car down the road that looks like Bumble bee. We have to drive past it several times a week for Wyatt.

Wyatt is also getting pretty smart. He talks well and knows all of his colors. He can count to 10 on his own (sometimes skipping number 6 though). He enjoys coloring as well. I think he'll be a good at coloring like Kylee is. He is also just as picky with food as Kylee is. The only good thing about his diet is that he does love fruits and veggies.

I am doing good. Busy with school. I haven't subbed much which has been nice. I really enjoy it, but it would just add to my busy schedule. I finish medical secretary classes this semester and start classes for my Associates in Early Childhood Education. I know I want to get my bachelors in that, but I would much rather attend classes at a college for that, rather than online. So the bachelors might just have to wait till we move somewhere where there is a college that offers that.

I am ready for James to be home! I think everyone is really. Its been a long 5 months for us and him. We are not sure when he will be home. Right now he is thinking that he will be home the first few days of January. So we plan to have our Christmas after he gets home. Everything can change though, so its all up in the air still. I decided not to tell Kylee when we are picking him up from the airport. This way, she won't be disappointed if his flight changes. I will just tell her we are picking up my friend. She will know he is coming home soon, but not the exact day or time.

3 comments:

nina said...

Whew! No wonder you haven't had time to write! You are an awesome young woman, Lacey!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hi Lacey, I was wondering if you'd mind me using an excerpt from one of your posts in a textbook of English that I'm working on and planning to self-publish in Czechia. Please let me know how you'd feel about it. My email address is bees at uh dot cz. Thanks. Milan, the Czech Republic