Momma Always Said

Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 28 without James

It sucks with James being gone. I really thought I would be a seasoned deployed spouse by now, but I don't think one can ever get used to it. But its tough with 2 kids always crying for Daddy and asking when he is going to come home. And its tough not having your best friend here to listen to you and comfort you when your upset. We still have a little over 5 months till he's home. That seems like SO long! Its tough on me and the kids, but its also tough on James. He's misses out on everything we do and it sucks. I hate telling him about the things we do or what the kids are getting into or saying these days. I feel guilty for doing some fun things with the kids while he's over there missing it all. But I guess we have to keep busy as well right? We can't just stay home for the next 5 months and do nothing.

I'm second guessing myself about him staying in, but this is what I wanted, I think he wanted it also. When the time came for him to re-enlist we just weren't ready for him to get out. By the time his next enlistment is done, it would be silly for him to get out. I know being with the military is the best thing for our family right now financially. Its a great job, great pay, great community, but the deployments suck. And being so far away from family sucks too. He's got about another 8 deployments before he gets out, unless we get lucky and move to a base that likes to keep their personnel at home. On top of that he'll eventually go to Korea for a year without us.

4 comments:

Juniebird said...

I know it is extra hard right now with the kids being the ages that they are. Don't try to put too much on yourself. And take lots of pictures and video to share with James. It won't be long before he is back with the family again! (That probably doesn't make you feel any better though...)

nina said...

Getting it "down on paper", so to speak, helps, Lacey. Don't keep it bottled up inside. You're going to have some bad days. Just keep on keeping on. You can get through it. You are one of the best darned moms I have ever known, and I love you very much!

MC said...

It doesn't matter how many deployments or seperations there are, it is always tough.

The Husband did 2 deployments when he was active duty, plus one stateside TDY. Now that he is out, we are gearing up for guard tech school from December-April, so I know how stressful it can be.

Just know that you are doing what is best for your family, even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes!

Lacey said...

Grandma- you didn't see my huge blow up the other day. I felt like the worst mom EVER!